Day 1- Sunday, 10th of December 2017
Registration 08:00 - 08:45
Opening speech 09:00 - 09:10
- Mohamed Abou El-Fotouh- CEO of Egypt Automotive speech
- Victoria Young- Opening speech by Informa
- Mustafa Hussein-A review of the market (Automotive Marketing Information Council [AMIC]) 09:10 - 09:30
Opening Session 09:30 - 10:15
- Is it possible to mass manufacture and export complete vehicles?
- Opportunities for the automotive sector in the SCZone.
- The situation of El Nasr Automotive Manufacturing and public business sector companies, as well as updates on the negotiations with international companies for production partnerships.
- Standard specifications and their role in supporting the competitiveness of feeding industries.
- Proportions of local assembling between reality and application.
- Where do we stand on electric cars?
- How have the economic reforms impacted trends in the automotive market?
- How can the automotive industry benefit from trade agreements to access African markets?
- The role of the government and banks in offering initiatives to stimulate the market and encourage local car production.
Questions from the audience 10:15 - 10:30
Break 10:30 - 10:45
Opening AUTOTECH International Auto Aftermarket Trade Show 10:45 - 11:45
First panel 11:45 - 12:30
How to develop feeding industries and advance exports
- Board Member of the Chamber of Engineering Industries at the Federation of Egyptian Industries Houssam Hamdy Abdel Aziz
- Vice President of the Feeding Industries Division at the Federation of Egyptian Industries Raafat El-Khanagry
- Eman Gerish
- Mohamed Naser
- Foreign Companies
- Session Moderator: CEO of Egyptian Export Promotion Center Maha Salah
- How can we increase exports of spare parts and what are the production requirements?
- Why do companies not import from Egypt? (Price and quality.)
- Strains facing productivity and development.
- Role of dealerships in attracting international companies to produce components domestically and invest in manufacturing.
- A unified database for feeding industries and its importance in mapping investments.
- Regional experiences in stimulating feeding industries.
- Role of Ministry of Trade and Industry in inviting representatives of international companies to import components from Egypt and the situation of local manufacturers with regard to foreign visits to advanced car-making countries.
Questions from the audience 12:30 - 12:45
Break 12:45 - 01:00
Second panel 01:00 - 01:45
Strategy and market competitiveness
- The situation of the automotive sector’s strategy.
- Featured amendments and their goals.
- Basis of amending cars’ law.
- How companies were affected by lack of strategy.
- Can the light transport sector benefit exports?
- Does supporting manufacturing contradicts imports? How can investors benefit from the automotive strategy?
- Global development in the automotive sector and the situation of local industry amid the delay of a clear sector strategy.
- Legalising the experience of Morocco in supporting the automotive manufacturing support and the benefits that the Moroccan economy reaped from localising a strong regional industry by attracting international companies.
Questions from the audience 01:45 - 02:00
Break 02:00 - 02:30
Workshop 02:30 – 03:15
Developing second-hand cars and reusing them in absence of clear game rules
ASE Global Account Director Steve Dunn
- Successful planning for used cars.
- How can the purchasing system be improved and developed?
- Administration of performance indicators to ensure success.
- Effective sales operations to boost revenues.
Break 03:15 - 03:30
Special panel 03:30 – 04:15
Development of after-sales services
- A possibility of obtaining cars data according to geographical distribution to develop a second-hand market.
- Calling for the establishment of an agency to improve service centres as per clear, specific standards.
- Legalising returns.
- The Consumer Protection Agency and its role in developing the system.
- What is the insurance and what are consumer rights?
- Impact of price hikes on after-sales services.
- Improving insurance on cars.